Back to the Future: Supporting Environmental Outcomes in Agricultural Landscapes
Conservation Farmers Inc, under the National Landcare Programme, has been tasked to:
- Increase the awareness, knowledge and skills of landholders and Indigenous community members in relation to conservation and sustainable management of biological diversity;
- Reduce the threat from weeds and pests to native vegetation, and/or Matters of National Environmental Significance, and/or Indigenous cultural assets, to generate ecosystem services; and,
- Protect and enhance the ability of native vegetation areas to generate ecosystem services through fencing for grazing management.
Stage 1 of the project will include:
- Workshops, delivered by experts;
- One-on-one expert advice to land managers;
- Preparation of property management plans; and
- Support of on-ground works,
to achieve the project’s outcomes.